Nikolai is a director/technical artist currently based in Germany. His work is defined by a strong devotion to the visual experiment and a heart for technical challenges.
After his graduation in audio-visual media design from HTL Ortweinschule in Graz, he studied animation at the Filmakademie Baden-Württemberg, where he deepened his artistic and technological skills.
His work has been showcased around the world, including Cannes Film Festival, Hiroshima Intl. Animation Festival and Ars Electronica.
– MindPalace (2018) / animated vr short / position: technical lead / dir: Carl Krause, Dominik Stockhausen
– Animan (2014) / animated short / dir: N. Maderthoner, Michi Lange
– High Wool (2013) / animated short / dir: N. Maderthoner, Moritz Mugler
– Salon (2013) / animated short / dir: N. Maderthoner
– FlugUndFall (2010) / animated short / dir: N. Maderthoner